Sunday, August 19, 2012

NARS Orgasm Blush

Hellooo and happy Sunday!!  I thought I'd try my hand at blogging about something other than nail polish again, so here you go, kids-- LLPT's second ever cosmetics post (if you count bb cream as cosmetics, which I do). 
NARS Orgasm blush is one of those benchmark beauty products that always felt like some sort of legend to me, something so widely loved and revered that I couldn't possibly fathom that it would actually work for me (a little like Chanel No. 5, but that's another story, altogether).  As much as I desired a blush that gave me that perfect, healthy rosy glow, I did not think the peachy pink Orgasm, named so because of the afterglow it's said to emulate, was going to fit with my pale olive complexion.  Long story short, I've been in search of a few new items for a minor fall makeup overhaul, and headed downtown to Sephora-in-Penney a few weeks ago to pick up the tantalizingly named cheek color in the hopes of demystifying it.





The compact itself is black, matte, and rubbery soft to the tough.  It's kind of a nice break from the glossy black so many other companies seem to adore.  As you can see, I've been using this, because as it turns out... I love it.  Orgasm is a peachy blush with golden rose undertones and a gorgeous gold microshimmer that translates as subtle, beautiful, and vital on the skin.  


I've never been totally happy with a blush before, let alone felt like it was natural looking enough to wear with minimal makeup everywhere else (I'm wearing my bb cream, mascara on my top lashes, and lip balm).  So there you have it.  NARS Orgasm blush, iconic for a reason.  If you're in the market for a new shade, this is absolutely worth checking out.  It's available at Sephora and  on NARS Cosmetics website.

Special thanks to my sweet husband for helping me with my face shots. <3

14 comments:

  1. I love this blush, it's such a shimmery, gorgeous color. It looks beautiful with your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad I took a chance on it. :)

      Delete
  2. I love how subtle it is, super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I was so surprised. I'm so self conscious of a blush that's too dark.

      Delete
  3. I've always thought about picking it up....now you make me want to. I'm a blush addict!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, you need this one, then, Essie! I bet you'd love it. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oooh that's a very pretty blush on you! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great investment! I absolutely love this blush and use it all the time during summer. I've been pairing it with Benefit Cha Cha Tint mango colored lip stain & simple black liquid eyeliner. Perfect summer makeup :) This color really suits your skintone too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Kelly :) I only wish I'd have discovers it sooner. I've been going barefaced all summer, which feels great, but it's so nice to have a light, minimal look, too.

      Delete
  6. Looks great on you! Gives such a nice color to your cheeks-- just enough! I'm such a blush addict right now; this is on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It is a lovely color. There's a newer one called Super Orgasm that I'm kind of curious about, too.

      Delete
  7. I want this blush so bad! I keep talking myself out of it, and I don't know why. It's so beautiful, looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, you should just get it! ;) And thank you, I totally love it. :)

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...